Marie LoParco creates whimsical mixed media paintings of angels and the sacred feminine with decorative papers, fabrics, and acrylic paint. She received her MFA from Syracuse University, studied in NYC, Italy, and Mexico and taught art for many years and has shown her work in galleries nationally and internationally. She lives in the Finger Lakes region of Central New York with her husband, David, a photographer, surrounded by rolling hills and wildlife.
Gallery 54, E. Genesee St. Skaneateles, NY (currently showing)
Terra Organic Spa, Fayetteville, NY (currently showing)
Holiday Group Show, Orazio Salati Gallery,Binghamton, NY December 2013-January 2016
Rude and Bold Women, Red Tent Gallery, Binghamton, NY Sept. 2013
Franklin Street Gallery, Watkins Glen, NY March 2013
Regional Juried Show, State of the Art Gallery, Ithaca, NY 2012
Holiday Show, Gandee Gallery, Fabius, NY 2012, 2013
Holiday Show, Earlville Opera House, Earlville, NY 2013-2016
Ithaca Artist’s Market, Ithaca, NY 2011, 2013
Finger Lakes Lavender Festival, Skaneateles, NY 2011, 2012, 2013
Inspirations: Art & Antiques Shop, Solo Show Cortland, NY 2012, 2013
Rock Garden Group Show, Homer Center for the Arts, Homer, NY 2011, 2012, 2013
6X6X2010 Rochester Contemporary Art Gallery, Rochester, NY 2010
Perspectives Gallery, The Goddess Show, Hardy, VA, 2003
Dowd Fine Arts Gallery, SUNY Cortland, Summer, 2002
Community School of Music and Art, Ithaca Artists’ Invitational, 2002
The Greater Ithaca Art Trail, 2001
Little Stone Gallery, Ithaca, NY, 2002
Foundation of Light, Two Person Show, Ithaca, NY 2001
Selected Grants/ Awards
Second Place, “Matriarch Show” Franklin Street Gallery, Watkins Glen, NY 2013
Best of Show, Colorscape Festival of the Arts, 2012, Second Place, Mixed Media, Colorscape Festival of the Arts, 1013.
Fellowship Award in Painting, Summer Six Art Program Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY, 2001
Painting Studio Residency at Constance Saltonstall Foundation, Ithaca, NY, Spring, 2001
Painting Studio Residency: Vermont Studio Colony, Johnson, VT 1986, 1988
National Drawing Competition, International Drawing Association, Salimagundi Club, NYC 1987 (Honorable Mention)
M.F.A. Illustration with honors, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, 1990.
- Vermont Studio Colony and School, Johnson, VT: 12 credits in Painting. 1986-88.
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY: 11 credits in Lithography, History of Painting Techniques, and Photography, 1977-1981.
- New York University in Venice, Italy: 12 credits in Painting, Printmaking and Art History, 1980.
B.S. with honors, Art Education, State University College at New Paltz, NY, 1975.
Studio concentration in painting. Permanent New York State Teaching Certification in Art. Grades K-12.
- Empire State College “Independent Painting Semester” in New York City with contemporary artists. 16 credits in Painting, Sculpture, Museum and Gallery Studies. Spring 1975.
- Overseas Program at the Institute of Urbino, Italy. 20 credits in Printmaking, Drawing, Art of the Italian Renaissance, Italian Literature, Language, and Culture. Spring 1974.